Wedges are always on our menu when we have pizzas. Being such a certain choice, i wanted to try it out at home. I browsed through web and finally designed as per my spice preferences. It came out lip smacking though! And here is the recipe i followed:
Potatoes (1/4 KG)
Oil for frying
Rice floor (1 Cup)
Garlic (one medium sized)
Salt, Pepper powder, Chilly powder, Amchur powder (as per taste)
Garam Masala (Optional)
- Cut each potato without peeling it off into 8-12 pieces longitudinally. Boil them in cooker with a little sea salt till the pressure is raised and put it off the fire. They should not get mashed up.
- Add a few spoons of heated oil to the rice floor. It ensures crispness of the outer layer of wedges, when done. Take a little rice flour or all purpose flour and mix with water till a little flowy in consistency.
- Add salt, pepper, very little of chilly powder and amchur powder. If you want it to be more spicy, add a little garam masala.
- Juice the garlic cloves. either mash it using a thick spoon, or crush it in a mixer. Just be cautious that only its juice is added to the batter.
- Add a little Dehydrated or fresh Rosemary to the batter.
- Heat the oil and deep fry those potato pieces till golden brown, after dipping them in the batter.
- Drain excess oil on an absorbent paper.
- These wedges taste great with tomato ketchup.
Note: The batter around the potatoes should never be very thick or they may become soggy.